Intern With Us!
We are currently accepting applications for summer internships! Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. College credit is available. Please read the descriptions below and follow the instructions specific to each internship. If you have questions, contact our office at (801) 328-1212.
We are looking for someone with excellent writing and grammar skills to work as a part of our Communications team. Assignments will vary based on need and present a chance to work in multiple capacities, offering work experience and education in a number of fields, including communications, social media, press relations, opposition research, website management, email marketing, and online fundraising. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position. College credit is available.
- Excellent writing, researching, and editing skills; good grammar is a must
- Avid user of the internet, social media, and Google Docs
- Self-motivated, fast, independent learner
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Political/news junkie with basic awareness of current events
- Graphic design experienced is a plus (but not required)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the Utah Democratic Party’s message by writing drafts for press releases, email marketing, and social media/website copy
- Collect relevant/topical news stories for use on social media
- Support, create, optimize, and maintain Google AdWords
- Researching relevant data for opposition research, talking points, speeches, op-eds, and other communications
- Researching and maintaining press lists
- Monitoring and analyzing daily media coverage
- Supporting special projects and events, as needed
To apply, please send your resume and a short writing sample (3 pages max) to our Executive Director, Lauren Littlefield, at email@example.com.
Join our political team to work with county parties, elected officials, caucuses, and other political leaders to expand the Democratic base statewide. Our political team identifies, organizes, and mobilizes volunteers to meet face to face with elected officials and party leaders; manages voter registration drives; develops strategies to increase voter turnout; and works with our Political Director to manage Party affairs.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Managing voter file and contact databases
- Engaging county and caucus leadership
- Assisting in planning and implementing trainings and other events
- Assisting with candidate recruitment for 2018
To apply, please email your resume to our Political Director, TJ Ellerbeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org.