The Utah Democratic Party is seeking a Finance Director. This is a statewide, senior level position in the Utah Democratic Party that will work with party leadership and staff to execute the fundraising operation. This is not an entry-level position—qualified candidates will have at least two to three years campaign/party/non-profit fundraising experience.
- Work with party leadership and staff to define financial needs and implement fundraising plan.
- Establish and sustain major donors, and other fundraising programs.
- Aid Party Chair, Executive Director, and party leadership in making direct fundraising appeals
- and follow up.
- Plan and carry out events, receptions, dinners, and fundraising activities related to fundraising
- and donor programs.
- Develop, manage, and monitor direct mail, telemarketing, and other fundraising activities.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of donor database and donor programs.
- Ensure acknowledgement and thank-you letters are sent in a timely manner.
- Continually evaluate, monitor, revise, and improve party fundraising efforts and activities.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met.
- Develop knowledge of finance laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two to three years of related work experience on a political campaign, for a state party or national committee, or for a non-profit organization.
- Working knowledge of campaign finance software and experience using NGP.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure.
- In-depth understanding of Federal and Utah campaign finance laws; or a demonstrated
- ability to understand the interplay of federal and non-federal money.
- Willingness to travel for site visits and desire to engage in front-line management.
- Comfortable with computer, excel, and working with data sets.
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others.
- Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
The Utah Democratic Party is committed to diversity among their staff, and recognize that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Utah State Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org