Executive Director – Job Posting
The Executive Director, working closely with the State Chair and other officers of the Party, oversees all day-to-day operations of the State Party. The Executive Director is responsible for assisting in the raising of funds, managing general elections programs and specific initiatives that build the Party at the grassroots level and advance the Party’s mission to elect Democrats at every level of government. The Executive Director must be reliable, honest, loyal, and discreet. The ability to manage others, provide counsel and advice on policy and political matters, and keep the interest of the party at the forefront is of top importance. This position is highly collaborative and crucial to UDP achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Draft annual budget in collaboration with Chair, Treasurer, and finance staff.
- Monitor budget, cash on hand, and accounts payable; develop budget and cash flow projections with the current state treasurer.
- Advise the Chair on all relevant legal, financial, and political matters.
- Work with staff to ensure accurate and prompt filing of all FEC reports.
- Work with all departments to ensure that all priorities have the support of key stakeholders, local leaders. and opinion makers as well as elected officials.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with legal counsel for the party and keep the UDP compliant with all legal and financial requirements.
- Build relationships with campaigns, local leaders and key stakeholders in preparation for all campaign efforts.
- Build relationships and coordinate with all national Democratic organizations, such as DNC, ASDC, DGA, DSCC, DCCC, DAGA, and DLCC, among others.
- Oversee all electoral efforts, including fundraising, recruitment, and organizing.
- Oversee organization and execution of quarterly Central Committee meetings, and other UDP meetings as necessary.
- Serve as a surrogate/spokesperson for the UDP as needed.
- Assist in providing training to county parties, and Democratic candidates.
- Work with the Chair and Communications department to expand the UDP’s reach and strengthen its brand.
- Act as supervisor for staff and interns; oversee recruitment and training of volunteers, as needed.
- Assist Chair and Executive Committee with development and implementation of strategic plan.
- Ensure party compliance with bylaws and constitution, including proper execution of internal controls.
- Explore new opportunities for growth and collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Provide staff support, as needed, to UDP Subcommittees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and diverse responsibilities.
- Previous experience with fundraising and solicitations highly desirable.
- Able to work unconventional hours with extended hours during election season; includes scheduling flexibility with travel required.
- Previous staff management experience a plus.
- Political and/or campaign experience preferred.
- Demonstrated dedication to Democratic ideals and values.
- The ideal candidate is diplomatic with strong conflict resolution skills, always acts with integrity, is fair-minded and honorable.
Pay is subject to experience and qualifications, and will range from $55,000-$80,000 per year and health benefits plus a performance bonus that will be approved by the Executive Committee. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Director.”
We welcome everyone—no one applying for this position will be discriminated against in seeking employment with us based upon their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, economic status, or disability.