Candidate for State Party Chair
Robert was born in San Bernardino, near Los Angeles, CA, in 1952.
In his twenties, attended Santa Cruz University, part of University of California system.
At 51 years old, completed a BA in Human Services.
At 53 years old, obtained a MA in Secondary Education.
WORK and POLITICAL ACTIVITIES
- In 1976, at 24 years old, moved to Salt Lake City and for 10 years he was a staff and board of director member of four faith-based homeless shelters.
- In 1987, formed an inter-denominational organization to provide therapeutic programs for at-risk youth and their families.
- In 1992, personally gathered 23,000 signatures for term-limits in Congress.
- In 1992, was on the short list for Lt. Governor in Merrill Cook’s gubernatorial campaign.
- In 1999, candidate for Salt Lake City Council.
- 2003-05, Board Member of South West Voter Registration and Education Project. Attended Voter Registration Colloquium in Washington, DC.
- In 2007, candidate for Salt Lake City mayor.
- In 2010, was nominator and campaign volunteer for Claudia Wright for US House of Representatives.
- In 2011, ran for State Party Chair, along with Jim Dabakis.
- In 2012, ran for Utah State Senate, District 2
- From 2012 to 2015, was chair of the Salt Lake County State Democratic Party Education Caucus.
- 2005 to present, Public Middle Schools teacher
- 2000 to present, Democratic Party Delegate.