10 Aug Current Job Openings
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! Please check back frequently — we will routinely add positions that may interest you. For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Utah Democratic Party is seeking a Legislative Director to lead the day-to-day operations of the House and Senate caucuses in 2023 and state legislative campaign operations in the 2024 election cycle and beyond. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who will work collaboratively with our leadership team as well as legislators, candidates, stakeholders, staff, and donors to protect incumbents and expand the Democratic House and Senate caucuses in 2024 and beyond.
The candidate must have significant campaign experience, as well as demonstrated skills in implementing strategic plans and managing relationships with elected officials, candidates, and other campaign staff.
The position requires superb judgment, political savvy, and a work ethic of the highest degree. Superior project management skills are necessary to make sure that campaign strategies and tactics adapt and change with the dynamics throughout the election cycle. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Utah Democratic Party.
- Works with Executive Director to prepare and execute caucus and member fundraising plans
- Play a key role in organizing and administering the Utah delegation’s participation in the 2024 Democratic National Convention, from planning to participation as a staffer
- Manage campaign staff hired through the party
- Design, implement, and advise a 2024 coordinated campaign across all ballot levels
- Communicate regularly with House and Senate members
- Serve as a point person for campaign and field data management, training, and analytics for Democratic campaigns and stakeholders
- Facilitate and coordinate trainings for party staff, candidate campaign staff, and legislators
- Direct campaigns in the planning and execution of a quality field program
- Work collaboratively with consultants and vendors on strategy
- Build and leverage relationships with key statewide allies
- Assist in candidate recruitment for State House and Senate races
- A strong commitment to electing Democratic candidates to state government
- At least 2-3 cycles of campaign and/or political experience, experience working with state legislative campaigns is preferred
- Strong staff management skills and experience
- Strong sense of political strategy and ability to quickly adapt to a changing political environment
- Goal-orientated and willingness to hold self and others accountable
- Experience with voter persuasion, early-vote, and get-out-the-vote drives
- Experience with working in a coordinated campaign
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite and NGP VAN
- Previous experience working with or for a state party is a plus
- Salary is $50,000 – $55,000 a year with benefits, depending on experience
- Paid health/dental insurance
- Paid annuity plan
- Utah State Democratic Party staff are unionized and are covered under a collective bargaining agreement with IBEW Local 354
The Utah Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Utah Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Please put “ Legislative Director – [Your Name]” in the subject line.