10 Aug Current Job Openings
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! Please check back frequently — we will routinely add positions that may interest you. For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Utah Democratic Party (UDP) seeks a dynamic, committed individual to be our next Executive Director. The Executive Director is an important strategic and management position with a wide range of responsibilities, including serving as a trusted advisor to the Chair, Executive Committee, and top elected officials of the Utah Democratic Party. Responsibilities include leading, developing and directing the political and campaign operations of the State Party, managing the day-to-day administration and operations of the Party, ensuring the financial success and stability of the organization, and coordinating internal and external communications among the party staff, its stakeholders, and the broader public.
● Work with the Party Chair to develop state party budgets and oversee their implementation.
● Supervise and provide direction to Party staff and interns, conduct performance reviews.
● Provide strategic planning and direction to the party, in conjunction with the Party Chair and core staff members.
● Work with the Political Director to oversee and implement candidate recruitment, training, and campaigns.
● Oversee high level data and strategic management, including voter file administration, voter targeting, and strategic campaign analysis.
● Work with the State Party Chair on all hiring and termination decisions.
● Direct and oversee fundraising efforts, including working with the Party Chair, Executive Committee, and Finance Director to develop and implement fundraising plans.
● Ensure finance reports and other reports are filed timely and accurately.
● Work with Communications Director and State Chair on Party messages, communications, earned media, and rapid response activities.
● Develop and maintain relationships with Democratic Party Leaders, elected officials, donors, and key constituencies.
● Manage administrative, budgetary, and human resources for the organization.
● Coordinate and maintain relationships and act as liaison with national party committees and funders (DNC, DGA, DSCC, DCCC, ASDC, etc.).
● Work with pertinent staff to develop training programs, materials, and activities.
● Organize all meetings of the State Executive Committee, Central Committee, and other Party meetings required by party bylaws, constitution, and state law.
● Other duties as necessary.
● 2 – 3 cycles of campaign and/or political experience and Bachelor’s degree.
● Strong staff management skills and experience
● Strong sense of political strategy and ability to quickly adapt to a changing political environment
● Goal-orientated and willingness to hold self and others accountable
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail
● Experience with voter persuasion, registration, early-vote and get-out-the-vote drives
● Experience with grassroots organizing and issue advocacy campaigns
● Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure
● A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others
● Exceptional people skills and patience.
● Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office, NGP/VAN, Quickbooks, Google Docs.
● An unwavering commitment to Democratic values.
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Salary is commensurate with experience with a range of $70,000-$80,000.
Please send a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and three professional references as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com.
The Democratic Party of Utah is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The UDP is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.