10 Aug Current Job Openings
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! Please check back frequently — we will routinely add positions that may interest you. For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
The Utah Democratic Party (UDP) seeks a Communications Director to lead the daily operations, rapid response efforts, press events, long-term communications projects, and digital communications for the Party. The Communications Director also works with reporters and drives earned media coverage. The Communications Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the other Department Directors, consultants, and campaigns.
- Effectively publicize the goals, platform, activities, and accomplishments of the Utah Democratic Party and the Organize Utah coordinated campaign with the news media and key constituency groups through traditional and social media as well as digital marketing.
- Proactively manage a multidisciplinary department that manages all communications requests, rapid response communications, digital media, and more.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson for the UDP, Party Chair, and other principals.
- Handle all media requests and prepare and disseminate communications tools such as press releases, op-eds, public statements, speeches, talking points, presentations, media advisories, briefings, pitch ideas, videos, email blasts, newsletters, social media, and graphics.
- Manage internal party communications.
- Help plan and execute party meetings and events, such as Executive Committee meetings, Central Committee meetings, and state conventions.
- Maintain relationships with media professionals across the state.
- Work with staff and stakeholders to manage crisis communications.
- Manage and produce email and social media calendar, direct list-building initiatives, and maintain content for the website and multiple social media platforms.
- Develop and execute press events with surrogates and elected officials as needed.
- Prepare and execute short and long-term communications plans.
- Provide media training for party representatives and candidates.
- Work with DNC, campaigns, and democratic committees to coordinate press and communications strategy and assist as needed.
- Serve as a page for the Utah delegation at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago in August.
- Coordinate local media coverage of the Democratic National Convention
- At least 1-2 cycles of experience in communications for campaigns, political organizations, or political-adjacent non profit organizations
- General knowledge and understanding of current events and politics
- Strong sense of political strategy and ability to quickly adapt to a changing political environment
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of the Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as grammatical and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience executing digital and traditional communications strategies.
- Knowledge of NGP, VAN, Canva, and the Adobe Suite preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
- Ties to Utah and knowledge of Utah politics are beneficial.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Communications Director is a full time exempt position. Starting salary is $53,500 a year with health insurance benefits and paid leave. This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement with IBEW Local 354. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Communications Director – [Your Name]” in the subject line.
The Utah Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Utah Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer.